Tuesday 20 March 2012

Two Peice Suit Choices

Having looked at the different styles of jacket and trousers combinations I have chosen three different styles for me to choose from.

One option is the Dinner Jacket, here is the chosen image as a fashion plate from 1901:
 Another the Service Dress Jacket, here are some photos of the jacket and trousers:


 My final option is the Tweed kilt Jacket with trousers instead of a kilt. I would make the trousers from a tartan. Here are same images:

 This fashion plate shows two men hunting, the one on the right is wearing the Tweed Kilt Jacket, were as the one on the left is wearing a Evening Dress Kilt Jacket.

This Edwardian photo shows a Scottish hunting party, showing the tweed kilt jacket on the right middle, as well as trouser.

 This photo shows the Scottish tartan trousers.

I will talk through these options with Graham, but my favourite is the Tweed Kilt Jacket with trouser. It has a similar shape and styling to the basic block, but has added detailing, it will also give me a challenge with the tartan trouser. From making this jacket instead of a simpler lounge jacket I believe I will learn more and be able to develop my skills further in tailoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment